60 Minutes $59
A Class for Reporters, Editors and Publishers
Let’s face it. More readers means more eyes. More eyes means more advertisers – and more advertisers means more pages for more stories. It’s a crazy cycle!
Kevin Slimp is wears a lot of hats in the newspaper world. Over the past couple of years, he has become a very popular expert in getting more people to pick up and read our newspaper pages. So much goes into this, but one of the major factors is the quality of stories and headlines on the page.
In this session, Kevin will cover these topics and more:
- Making our stories more “readable” to the average newspaper reader
- Making meeting stories exciting, instead of boring
- Writing headlines that draw eyes to the page
- Paying attention to length (words) of stories to attract more readers
- Laying out stories in ways to draw readers
- AND MUCH MORE!
Bring two pens. You’ll need them!