So many newspapers have Adobe Illustrator resting in their application dock or start menu but rarely, if ever, use the powerful application. During this session, Kevin Slimp will teach attendees enough to begin using Illustrator to increase their design skills and production efficiency. During this session, a few of the skills Kevin will cover include:
– Working with text in Illustrator
– Working with vector shapes
– Using patterns in Illustrator
– Colors & Gradients in Illustrator
– Tools to improve ad design
– Learning to use the various drawing tools
– Coverting objects to vector using LiveTrace
– Saving designs for print and online
Just how much can you learn about page design in 30 minutes? A lot!
Kevin Slimp speaks on this topic at newspaper and magazine conventions throughout North America, and you’ll walk away with lists of tips to make your pages more engaging.
Join us Wednesday, October 19, at 12 noon Eastern/11 a.m. Central/10 a.m. Mountain.