Video: Improving the Design of Your Newspaper Pages
75 Minutes $69
A 75-minute class that can make a huge difference in the way readers look at your paper
One of the consistent themes in the post-pandemic (we hope it’s almost “post) newspaper is improving design. Community newspapers are bucking the trend of metro papers and investing in growing readership, which in turn grows advertising revenue. A key element of growing readership is making the design of your paper more reader-friendly, drawing the reader rather than turning the reader away.
In this session, Kevin will cover these topics and more:
- New design styles vs. Old design styles
- Clean is in! Creating cleaner pages
- Using up-to-date fonts. Getting rid of outdated fonts
- Creating styles for your new design
- Photo and story placement on the page
- Elements that carry from page to page
- Proper (and improper) use of color on pages
- AND MUCH MORE!